Thursday, January 15, 2015

Chicken and Black Beans

For some reason, I had a craving for black beans.  It happens every once in a while.  I go for a long time without eating them and then I remember how good they are for you and then they are all I want.  So.....I found this recipe:  http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210121138840639547/ for slow cooker beans and chicken.  I love anything I can cook in my slow cooker.  They're so low maintenance and it usually means the recipe is simple.  You can visit the pin page for the details on the recipe, but I'm posting a photo of the pin here also:

And here is what I ended up with:





Not even close to looking like the same thing.  I have no idea what caused such a drastic difference.  Even though this is quite possibly the most unphotogenic meal I have ever made, it honestly doesn't taste that bad.  The problem is that there is not nearly enough chicken for the quantity of beans and rice.  It calls for one pound, and this is what I made, but there should be about two pounds to balance this out.  There's enough beans and rice for four servings but only enough chicken for two.

Try this if you want but I'd give this recipe a fail.


No comments:

Post a Comment