Sunday, January 4, 2015

Eggs in a Basket/Eggs in a Hole

I've wanted to try making this for a long time. 
 http://www.pinterest.com/pin/210121138840420030/
I did try it a year or two ago but it didn't turn out because I used sandwich bread and it was too thin and flimsy.  I picked up some whole loaves this time so I could slice it as thick as I wanted.  I went with whole wheat even though the recipe calls for white (I'm not a white bread kinda girl).





I had a bit or burning around the crust of my bread.  Not sure if that's because of the bread I chose or because of the heat or time I spent cooking.  It didn't burn so bad that it wasn't eatable or taste bad.
I chose not to use brown sugar so I'm not sure if it would have been better or worse with it.  I've seen a few other recipes that are slightly different and I might try those eventually.  I'm glad I tried this but it wasn't as good as I was hoping it would be.


No comments:

Post a Comment